Sulong Pilipinas 2022 top actionable recommendations
- Economic Recovery and Business Recovery
To improve ease of doing business, the government should compel the participation of national and local government agencies in centralized government portals (e.g., Central Business Portal and TRADENET) and enforce penalties for non-compliance through the Anti-Red Tape Authority (ARTA).
Agricultural Development and Modernization
To improve agricultural modernization, the government should allocate a larger budget to the agriculture sector and provide financial assistance and proper tools and trainings needed by the farmers.
- Infrastructure DevelopmentTo continue all infrastructure projects as scheduled under the Build, Build, Build program, the government should ensure transparency in the bids and awards of contracts, and monitor the proper implementation of agencies.
- Innovation, Technology, and Research and DevelopmentTo foster an innovative and R&D-focused Philippines, the Department of Science and Technology (DOST) and Department of Trade and Industry (DTI) should begin rolling out the regional innovation centers and complete them by May 2023.
- Environmental Protection and Climate Change ResilienceTo maintain and deliver efficient and effective wastewater treatment in the country, the Department of Environment and Natural Resources (DENR) should impose stricter rules and standards and implement sustainable management guidelines by 2022.
- Health, Education, and Social ProtectionTo improve skills development, the government should reform Technical Education And Skills Development Authority (TESDA) and Commission on Higher Education (CHED), place early childhood care under the Department of Education (DepEd) and improve qualification standards for professions.
- Tourism, History, and Culture and the ArtsTo improve access to tourist destinations, agencies under the Department of Tourism (DOT) (e.g., MARINA, TIEZA), in cooperation with other national government agencies, must develop a road network for more organized provisions of tourism services.
- Banking, Digitalization, and Financial InclusionTo promote financial inclusion, the Bangko Sentral ng Pilipinas (BSP) must collaborate more closely with the private sector to promote financial literacy and responsible borrowing or lending.